Tuesday, December 29, 2015

And my mind is proud but it aches with rage

I remain gobsmacked by the pop band Lucius, fronted by two absolutely killer young lady vocalists. Due to job scheduling issues I have now missed them in Portland on three occasions. So the best I can do for now is enjoy their amazing YouTube live performances.

Here is their cover of The Kinks "Strangers", a Dave Davies nugget from "Lola vs. Powerman and the Moneygoround, Pt. 1". I love how this song keeps cropping up. It was used to devastating effect in Wes Anderson's film "The Darjeeling Express". The Lucius girls bring a vocal intensity that this beautiful song richly deserves.

So where are you going to I don't mind 
If I live too long I'm afraid I'll die 
So I will follow you wherever you go 
If your offered hand is still open to me 

No comments: