Tuesday, July 3, 2012

You Could Tell I Was No Debutante

I'm in a Blondie mood tonight after listening to I Know But I Don't Know for the first time in years.  And that sent me on a YouTube spree which unearthed a real treasure that I had totally forgotten.  From 1979's "Eat To The Beat", Dreaming was Blondie's most overt power pop song.  They flirted with PowerPop early in their career, but for me this was where they achieved pure gold. This video is from the UK Top Of The Pops. Deborah Harry certainly had a stage presence.  I had a friend from Southern California named Debbie who danced on American Bandstand back in the early 80s, and she and Ms. Harry remind me of one another.   I lost track of Debbie years ago so Deborah will have to stand in.

1 comment:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

She had me at the hands on hips. Is there any video of Blondie from CBGB? "Meet meet me at the turnstile" has to be one of the coolest invocations of NYC in any rock song ...